[Users] Consider packaging claws-mail as flatpak distributable?

Danny van Heumen danny at dannyvanheumen.nl
Tue Aug 27 19:38:28 CEST 2019

I'm sorry to hear that.

Is there any way I can help with this? I'm not guaranteeing anything
yet, but I would be interested to look into it. However, I am not
familiar with building claws-mail etc. at all.

What I am thinking is, I suspect there is a single "recipe" that should
be maintained. Maybe I can see if we can write the "recipe" once and
see if we can take it up as part of the build process?

Do you have something like a build process right now?

If so, would you be able to give some assistance in case of questions?

Actually, come to think about it. The Flatpak solution might be more
attractive in the long run as it covers a larger number of distros.
(That is, assuming that flatpak and similar packaging formats won't
fail miserably.)

Kind regards,
Danny