[Users] Consider packaging claws-mail as flatpak distributable?

Danny van Heumen danny at dannyvanheumen.nl
Tue Aug 27 15:41:42 CEST 2019

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:13:19 +0200
Danny van Heumen <danny at dannyvanheumen.nl> wrote:

> Hi claws-mail team and other users,
>
> As you'll have noticed, some different packaging formats, like Snap,
> AppImage and Flatpak have emerged over the last years. These are
> package formats that package an app together with most of its
> dependencies. I do not believe claws-mail is package in such an
> package format already.
>
> Have you considered package claws-mail as such?
>
> Would you be open to the possibility?

For more information on flatpak:
- Flathub, the main repository, has a consumer-facing "store" at
  https://flathub.org/home
- Information regarding app submission and review can be found on the
  wiki: https://github.com/flathub/flathub/wiki

A Flatpak app would be available to multiple distributions at once. See
https://flatpak.org/setup/ for the list of distributions (that have
set-up instructions on flatpak.org).