[Users] dillo: Open links in external Browser?

Lewis lewyssmith at free.fr
Mon Aug 5 20:54:19 CEST 2019

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 11:21:47 +0200
Pyretta <pyretta at mailbox.org> wrote:

> is there a way to configure the dillo-Plugin in such a way that links
> will be opened in an external browser (default browser)? Currently,
> links are opened within the email window.

I was going to ask about this replacement Dillo plugin for Fancy plugin
re HTML e-mails. Fancy worked fine, but I understand is too dated to
be secure. My experience with Dillo is bad, at least for HTTPS links. It
shows a window saying it cannot do them. A workaround is possible but
tedious:
 Select the Host string & copy it to the address bar in a new browser
tab;
 Select & append the GET string, excluding the final HTTP/1.1
That will get you to wherever.

Also, 'Copy link location' from the context menu of a link does *not*
copy it (to paste into a browser address bar); hence the workaround
above.

I have seen reference to an alternative 'litehtml_viewer' which I shall
try.

Links in text messages behave properly on both counts.

Lewis Smith