[Users] Deleting messages previously retained on POP server

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Tue Apr 2 14:19:34 CEST 2019

> Piere:
> > > On that machine I want to selectively mark messages to be deleted from
> > > the server, but I want to keep them on the client.
> >
> > Set archiver to collect messages on regular basis; but only delete after
> > N days (mine is set to 10 days).  All other machines have no problem
> > getting their copy of the messages, unless one or more is down, on
> > vacation, in for repair, whatever for more than those 10 days.
>
> But if there was a reason for his approach .... would it be possible ?

I guess the settings about how many days to keep and if and when to delete, which are per-account now, can not be done per-folder ? Because then i could just move the messages into my special 'trash' folder ...

Or maybe there is a workaround like maintaining a second account to the same mailbox which is IMAP, but do not download anything there, then move the messages-to-delete into the IMAPs trash, and set it up that they get deleted automaticly (e.g. when closing claws) from the server ?
Complicated but at least still only just one action per mail.