[Users] Extremely slow connection to git.claws-mail.org

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Sat Sep 29 11:36:29 CEST 2018

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 20:53:57 +0300
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 19:40:08 +0300 Shai Berger wrote:
>
> > do you have any reason to think the problem is with
> > the Claws infrastructure ISP, rather than your own?
>
> The reason is that I noticed that git cloning of Claws
> is slow, unlike anything else I test.

However, as noted, the same argument applies in the other direction --
it seems that your cloning is the only one that's slow, while other
clonings of the Claws git repo seem to be of adequate (>2M/s) speed.

> BTW: I see sometimes people insert this "[SPAM]" in
> subject. Why is that and what is it supposed to mean?

I apologize for that.

"Spam" is a common term for junk mail. At least in my case, this is
added to the subject line of received messages by some processor at my
mail service provider, over which I have limited control, and when
replying to messages where the processor added it when it shouldn't
have, I sometimes neglect to remove it.

Shai