[Users] key binding mysteriously changing

Derek B. Noonburg derekn at foolabs.com
Fri Sep 28 20:10:36 CEST 2018

Following up on my own post:

> This is a weird little problem...  I removed the key binding for
> ctrl-W in the compose window (by navigating to Message -> Close and
> hitting the Delete key).  That works fine, and is reflected
> in .claws-mail/menurc.
>
> However, at some point later, the binding mysteriously reverts back to
> the default (i.e., ctrl-W is once again bound to Message -> Close).

I did a little bit of tracing, and I still can't figure out what's
going on.  It looks like gtk_accel_map_save() is sometimes not
writing out the deleted binding correctly, but I'm not 100% sure of
that.  Maybe a bug in the specific version of gtk (2.24.31) I have?

In any case, I re-bound to a key that I'm unlikely to hit by accident
(ctrl-shift-W), which works just as well as unbinding for my purposes,
and seems to avoid the problem (at least so far).

- Derek