[Users] How to generate UID's for address books

Leon Fisk lfiskgr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:47:23 CEST 2018

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 15:34:59 +0200
Laurent Bloch <lb at laurentbloch.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In order to register my students in my Claws-Mail address book,
>I would like to write a program to read a CSV file with the names
>and e-mail addresses of the students, and to write a LDIF file
>which I could give to Claws-Mail (the CSV file is given to me
>by the administrative guys of the university).

<snip>

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but have you looked at the
tools here:

https://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads

A long time ago I used the "csv2addressbook.pl" to convert my a CSV
file with my addresses for use with Claws. If I remember correctly I had
to make a few mods but nothing all that difficult...

--
Leon
Claws 3.16.0, Ubuntu Lucid