[Users] Ubuntu 18.04 and HTML

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 09:40:14 CEST 2018

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 07:40:04 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 00:46:59 +0200
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
>

> > Email HTML parts are saved in local files, which are shown by
> > dillo. You don't need neither https nor http protocols to read
> > them.
> That is not true since a html page can contain parts which is
> fetched at runtime through a http(s) link. Think of images, js,
> css, and text parts.

I agree with Ricardo's view. You really don't need https or http to
read them. However, the html messages might try to load remote
content and, obviously, these are served via https or http. As
everyone knows, remote content makes html messages a potential
security risk, etc. Not loading remote content does not stop you from
reading html messages, except perhaps the very worst examples where
everything is remote.

with regards

Paul