[Users] Ubuntu 18.04 and HTML

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Thu Sep 27 03:11:28 CEST 2018

Hi Ricardo,

I wish that was always true, but alas it's not. Here's what happens if
an emails contains an embedded uses of ssl, such as:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/04/jpmorgan-says-next-crisis-will-feature-flash-crashes-and-social-unrest.html

In this case Dillo responds with:

The https dpi was unable to send the following HTTP query:

GET /2018/09/04/jpmorgan-says-next-crisis-will-feature-flash-crashes-and-social-unrest.html
HTTP/1.1 Host: www.cnbc.com
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
DNT: 1
Referer: https://www.cnbc.com/
Connection: close

because Dillo's prototype plugin for https support is disabled.
If you want to test this alpha support code, just reconfigure with
--enable-ssl, recompile and reinstall. (Beware that this https support
is very limited now) To use https and SSL, you must have the OpenSSL
development libraries installed. Check your O/S distribution provider,
or check out www.openssl.org. Sent from the CNBC App. Available on
Google Play -

I did configure Dillo with --enable-ssl - but it fails to compile
correctly.

I'll try the https://hg.dillo.org/dillo patch to 3.0.5 suggested by
Páder Rezső and will see if that works and will post the results...

Cheers,
Lyle

--

--