[Users] Ubuntu 18.04 and HTML

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Thu Sep 27 00:15:40 CEST 2018

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 16:49:59 -0400
Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:

> So how do I display HTML email? In the past, I used the fancy plugin,
> but after I upgraded to 18.04 LTS, I could no longer find it.

Download and install the "Dillo" browser and replace the "fancy" plugin
with the "dillo" plugin.

Dillo is nowhere near as nice as "fancy" - but it works for http
emails. It does not work for https emails. (I tried compiling it from
source including the "--enable-ssl" option, but it is alpha code and
does not work).

Dillo-3.0.5 is the current release and Dillo hasn't been upgraded since
June 2015).

Lyle

NOTE: Dillo source is available at: https://www.dillo.org/
--