[Users] Compiling claws-mail

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Sun Sep 23 23:50:22 CEST 2018

Hi,

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization explains
that:

> -ftree-vectorize is an optimization option (default
> at -O3 and -Ofast), which attempts to vectorize
> loops using the selected ISA if possible. The reason
> it isn't enabled at -O2 is that it doesn't always
> improve code, it can make code slower as well, and
> usually makes the code larger; it really depends on
> the loop etc.

What is the case with Claws Mail? Would the build
benefit or suffer from using "-O3" instead of "-O2"?

Also: I would like to use a faster machine to create
builds for other slower machines (one of them even
32-bit). Do I need anything more than just finding the
proper "-march" setting for the target CPU?

--
George