[Users] HTML rendering problems

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 6 12:15:29 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 09:04:52 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> Under
>
> Configuration > Preferences... > Message View > Text Options >
> HTML messages >
>
> I chose
>
> [x] Render HTML message as text
> [ ] Render HTML-only messages with plugin if possible

Yes that is the settings I have

> and
>
> Select the HTML part of multipart/alternative messages

Hmm, that one is unchecked, so I will try that. Just checked that, but
the email still had rendering problems. I did press 'apply'.

> is just the default selection, so checked or unchecked, both have got
> pitfalls. If unchecked some messages are "empty" by default, if
> checked quotes and line wrapping of some messages is "fishy" by
> default. You need to use the buttons on the right, if you check or
> uncheck this option.

Okay thanks. I do get some emails (e.g. Paypal) and it seems properly
'constructed'. There are text and html parts and the email header specs
state it being multipart,etc. There are no problems reading those
types. The email headers on this email are:

and the email body commences with html tags. So there is no real 'plain
text'.

As this is a html only email, that option

[ ] Render HTML-only messages with plugin if possible

can I use a plugin like either "Dillo HTML Viewer" or "Fancy" ?  Will
that affect other html/text emails ? I guess it shouldn't, as the
inference is "HTML-only messages"

Thanks,

Peter