[Users] Problem with opening links in RSSyl

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Wed Sep 5 13:26:11 CEST 2018

On Wednesday 5 September 2018 08:37,
Andrej Kacian <ticho at claws-mail.org> put forth the proposition:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 00:14:52 +0100
> David Woodfall wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I tend to be mouseless as much as possible and I can tab my way through the
> > links in a newsfeed item, but the problem is that when I use Shift + F10 to
> > bring up the right click menu, highlight 'open in browser' and press enter,
> > nothing happens.
> >
> > It works fine with the mouse of course.
> >
> > I've also tried using xdotool to do the same thing with the real mouse,
> > but that also fails.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> You should run "claws-mail --debug" in a terminal, and observe the
> output when you activate the "open in browser" menu item like you
> described. It should print exact command that it's trying to start the
> browser with, and you can troubleshoot from there.

A plain diff between keyboard and mouse output shows:

 < fancy_viewer.c:653:open outer: (null)

 > fancy_viewer.c:653:open outer: https://arstechnica.com/?p=1366139
 > utils.c:3254:execute_command_line(): executing: /path/to/browser 'https://arstechnica.com/?p=1366139'

I should also add that Shift+F10 works as expected for folders and on
messages in list etc.

-Dave

--

I don't know why, but first C programs tend to look a lot worse than
first programs in any other language (maybe except for fortran, but then

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//