[Users] claws-mail 3.17.1 and selective mail download

sawbona at gmx.net sawbona at gmx.net
Wed Oct 31 14:35:38 CET 2018

Hello:

I'm presently looking for a native Linux replacement for the email
client I've run under Windows for 20+ years (Pegasus Mail) and now
run under Devuan ASCII with Wine.

Originally, I took a good look at Sylpheed because it seemed to me
that like I could easily adapt to it and also because the FAQ
mentioned that there was a 'selective mail download' feature
available.

I've always used it in Pegasus Mail and find it to be very
useful/convenient.

Unfortunately, in spite of being mentioned in the Sylphhed FAQ, it is
nowhere to be found in the user interface and emails asking for
information have not helped. (ie: bounced back, not answered or
answered but no longer related to Sylpheed for years now).

As Claws was in it's origins a fork of Sylpheed and although it is
not mentioned in the FAQ or user manual, I was wondering if
'selective mail download' was/would/could be (eventually) available
as a feature or maybe a plugin.

Thanks in advance.

S.