[Users] mail went.... where?

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 22:23:57 CEST 2018

Hey there,

Paul wrote:
> Little Girl wrote:

>> The file  name won't be useful inside of Claws Mail, but you'll
>> know which folder it's in. If the folder is huge and you're not
>> sure which message it is, you could open the file in in a text
>> editor and get the subject or any other information to use as a
>> search in Claws Mail.

>See `claws-mail --help`, specifically this:
>
>  --select folder[/msg]  jumps to the specified folder/message
>                         folder is a folder id like
> 'folder/sub_folder'

Nice, thanks! I tried it with the example from yesterday:

1) The terminal search:

grep -r "Pink Roses" *

2) The result:

inbox/5518:Live on YouTube: Ginger Cook - Pink Roses by Curran
Acrylic Painting Tutori=

3) Opening that message in Claws Mail:

claws-mail --select inbox/5518

That's much faster than my way of opening the file in a text editor
and finding another way to search for it within Claws Mail.

>> You might be able to move the file from one directory to another in
>> a file manager or on the command line, but I'm not sure if Claws
>> would recognize that you did that or would need to rescan the
>> directories. If anyone reading this knows, please jump in.
>
>Try it, you'll see that it is instantly available once (re-)opening
>the folder.

Also nice to know. It's convenient to be able to come at things from
various directions. I'll definitely be putting this to use since I've
been doing some major restructuring of the placement of a large
collection of older messages.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.