[Users] Mail saved to sent instead of current folder on account change

Paul Steyn paulsteyn1 at afrihost.co.za
Wed Oct 24 15:22:12 CEST 2018

Hi All,

I'm noticing what looks like a bug, whereby changing the account used
for sending mail resets the "Save Message to" field on the "Others" tab,
meaning that the sent mail gets saved in the "Sent" folder instead of
the current folder.

I have "Save copy of outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent"
checked for all my folders, so if I don't change the account for
sending the mail, the mail will get saved to the current folder, but if
I change the account then the mail gets saved in the "Sent" folder
instead, unless I remember to go to the "Others" tab, copy the "Save
Message to" field, then change the account, then go back and past in
the old value.

I can't see a reason this should happen, as the save location for the
message is per folder, not per account. Is this a bug, or am I missing
some reasoning behind this?

Paul Steyn