[Users] timeout problem

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Sat Oct 20 12:42:39 CEST 2018

Hello,

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:09:56 -0500
Daniel Allcock <daniel at allcock.org> wrote:

> strace revealed that the startup delay came from a 60 sec timeout
> in a function call select(...).  This was followed
> by some messages like "Socket operation on non-socket"
> and "Inappropriate ioctl for device".  I can provide more
> details if it would be helpful, but didn't want to dump
> mountains of garbage into the mailing list.
>
> It might be worth saying that this was the
> second call to select.  The first one was just a few system
> calls earlier, also had a timeout of 60 sec, but only had
> to wait a few microseconds.

But maybe this second select() is done on a different fd...

As already mentioned, try running with --debug, and give details on the
call that created the fd select() is waiting on.
You can also use pastebin (for example) to post the relevant strace
portion, just make sure before that no sensitive information is included !

Paul