[Users] claws back up

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:06:32 CEST 2018

Hey there,

OL49-69 wrote:

>I have made a complete hash of transferring claws from a linux
>lubuntu pc to a  mint pc - I have my settings but not my old emails.
>For future reference please could someone tell me how to back up
>claws and do a proper transfer of the settings, emails, address book
>etc

The way I do it is to copy the ~/.claws-mail and ~/Mail directories
to a backup location. Then I copy those from the backup location to
the new operating system. Then I install Claws Mail. The installer
looks for those directories and creates them if they don't exist or
uses what's in them if they do.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.