[Users] HTML rendering problems

Charles Lipton crlipton at gol.com
Mon Oct 1 13:40:01 CEST 2018

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 11:47:22 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:48:19 -0700
> Michael Higgins <mykhyggz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There's an option to prefer to view the html part, which is rendered
> > as text. This is what you want I think. It is what I have selected
> > recently for similar reasons.
> >
> > Configuration->Preferences->Message View->Text Options [?]
>
> Thanks, yes I did have that set, and it makes no difference,
> unfortunately. I may try one of the plugins, thanks.

I reported having the same problem on 18 SEP and have not found a
solution either.  What has worked is a complete reinstall of the O/S
(Debian Stretch KDE) and restoring all of my files and settings.  When
I reinstalled Claws-Mail 3.14.1 from .deb everything suddenly started
working.

I had attempted to install 3.17.1 from source with absolutely no
success -- a first for me -- and was preparing to throw in the towel
and switch to Evolution.  I installed Claws simply to do an
Evolution-compatible backup and ended up removing Evolution instead.  I
am still having problems with tiny text size on some mail from US
sources, but I am convinced that the issue is an environmental one
created by other programs -- Firefox, perhaps?

I do not recommend Dillo under any circumstance unless you have
nostalgic memories of WIN 95.  It is a giant step backward in
all respects.

Best luck,

Charles Lipton

SHAI BERGER, IF YOU'RE READING THIS:  Thank you for checking Dillo with
Hebrew.  OFF-TOPIC: I knew the man who created the program and rules for
the very first Japanese kana input at IBM Japan.  His engineering
partner was an Israeli engineer who helped him with the hardware
design and worked with him to complete the code that became the first
Japanese text input and editor.  After IBM accepted their proof of
concept, they used the same base code to create IBM's first Hebrew text
editor.  So, we're actually  using the two computer-rendered languages
that are the most closely related.

Mazel tov!