[Users] Clawsker doesn't start (Can't locate Gtk3.pm in @INC...)

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sun Nov 11 21:12:04 CET 2018

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 19:07:55 +0100
Andrej Kacian <ticho at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 19:47:12 +0200
> Removed GDPR wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 16:17:35 +0000 Dave Howorth wrote:
> >
> > > As I said before, just install it from CPAN. It's
> > > quite safe and easy.
> >
> > I am hesitant to do that as I read there is no
> > 'uninstall' after installing (at least not easily) and
> > I have no experience with Perl and its intricacies.
>
> So make an RPM package, using specfile from some other Perl module as
> a guide. Perl modules are mostly very uniform and well-behaved when it
> comes to building and installation - perl Makefile.pl, make, make
> install)

No, no, no!

I said it was SAFE and EASY.

$ # install
$ cpanm Gtk3

$ # uninstall
$ cpanm -U Gtk3

I confess I had to look the last one up (man cpanm), because I have
never needed to use it. Even if a perl module is completely broken, it
does no harm to have it on your system. Perl automatically installs
them in a safe place, where they have no effect unless you use them.