[Users] Using Fancy with Fedora 29 ?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Nov 4 13:55:52 CET 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 12:22:32 -0000, Paul wrote:
>On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 12:56:49 +0100
>Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>
>> Regarding my claim that Claws is unstable (on Arch, not Ubuntu 16.04
>> LTS), I experienced the same for SpaceFM GTK2 and _needed_ to
>> migrate to SpaceFM GTK3 on Arch Linux, to get rid of the issues.
>> I'll test Claws GTK3 port ASAP, too.
>
>That doesn't say what you claim to have experienced, so that still
>doesn't answer my question.
>
>And what about this?:
>
>> You better find another MUA, since soon or later Claws will be
>> broken on other systems, too.
>
>You are just trolling here, it seems. If not, then please explain why
>you've said this.

Counterquestions: If there will be no issues with GTK 2 in the near
future for almost any GTK 2 based app, for what reason are you working
on a Claws GTK 3 port? Apart from the GNOME folks, several upstream
developers for good reasons prefer old faithful GTK 2 over GTK 3, so
they either sometimes discontinued their software or unwillingly
migrate to GTK 3. There might be still some projects that were neither
dropped, nor a migration is planed. Do they have got a future, if
they rely on GTK 2?