[Users] Moving to next/prev messages with 'n' and 'p'

Julian Smith jules at op59.net
Mon May 14 16:16:54 CEST 2018

Hi

I've just upgraded from claws-mail 3.11.1 (on Debian) to claws-mail
3.14.1 (on Devuan).

I'm not sure whether i've failed to replicate my old configuration, but
the behaviour of the 'n' and 'p' keys in the summary window seems to
have changed, and i can't figure out how to get the previous behaviour.

Previously they would go to the next/prev message and show the changed
message main display, marking it as read after a suitable delay.

But with 3.14.1, 'n' and 'p' keys highlight the next/prev message, but
don't actually show message (or mark it as read).

I can get claws to show and mark as read, by setting 'Display -
Summaries - Open message when selected' to 'always' or 'when message
view is visible', but that has the unwanted side-affect (for me) that
when going to a folder, the next unread message is marked as read.

Is there a config option that i've missed?

Many thanks for any help.

- Julian

--
http://op59.net