[Users] Action: Move to Account-Local folder.

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Sat May 12 12:15:56 CEST 2018

Hi Paul, Michael,

On Sat, 12 May 2018 10:14:23 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> If you use the UI, as described below, then you will see the syntax
> notation when you are done.
>
> Go to /Configuration/Actions
>
> Enter a 'Menu name'
>
> Click/Select the 'Filter action' radio button.
>
> Click the 'Edit filter action' button.
>
> In the 'Action configuration' dialogue, select 'Move' as the 'Action'.
>
> In the Destination entry click the 'Select...' button, and select
> your required folder in the 'Select folder' dialogue.

My understanding of Michael's description is different -- IIUC, when he
says "account-local" and "on every account, like move to trash", I
think his "account" actually means "mailbox", so that means, in details:

- He would like to define, on every mailbox, a specially-named folder;
  for example, "reminders"; so that there's a #mh/Mail/reminders and
  also a #imap/Acct/reminders and a #mh/OtherBox/reminders if he has
  the respective mailboxes

- The he'd like to have an action "make reminder", which moves a
  message from its current folder to the "reminders" folder in the same
  mailbox, rather than just one "global" reminders folder, which is
  what is described in Paul's answer.

To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no such functionality
in Claws Mail. I suspect one may be able  to create it using the Python
or Perl plug-ins, but that would require writing some code.

I also seem to recall someone asking about custom folder types, which
seems to be related, but I can't locate that at the moment, and as far
as I recall, that doesn't exist either.

HTH,
	Shai.