[Users] Understanding processing (and pre/post-)

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 00:01:10 CET 2018

Hey there,

Removed GDPR wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 22:31:44 -0400 Little Girl wrote:
> > From those, you can see that there's an order in which the rules
> > are applied [...]

> Yes, I understand how it works but thanks for taking the time to
> summarize.

Sorry about that.

> > There's probably quite a bit more to it than that [...]

> That's I am trying to find out too as obviously some significant
> thought and time has been put into it.

Yeah, I had quite a bit of trouble coming up with examples, because
anything I could think of that could be done with a combination of pre
and folder and post filters can probably be done with just one of
them.

There must be filters that require the fine timing those offer,
though. Maybe someone who requires them will jump in and give a solid
example of when they're necessary.

I probably use filters incorrectly (or at least not quite as
intended) since I just use the pre filter for everything and filter
all my messages globally.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.