[Users] Understanding processing (and pre/post-)

Michael A. Yetto myetto1 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Mar 19 01:51:09 CET 2018

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 01:36:56 +0200
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> writes, and having writ moves on:

>On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 21:43:46 +0000 Dave Howorth wrote:
>
>> In return it's a reasonable expectation that the questioner will say
>> upfront what research and experimentation they have already done to
>> answer the question
>
>After reading the manual and before asking here I have searched the web
>for the intended use of pre/post processing and I have found no
>useful answers. I have also done a simple test with pre-processing to
>apply a color to messages based on a header. Still this experimentation
>does not really answer the question as it reveals nothing about the
>intended workflow, what rules should go into filtering, what in
>pre/post/processing and in what situations all this is aimed to be
>used.

The rules and work flow that go into my filters and processes are those
that accomplish *my goals*. Your rules and work flow should be based on
your needs and goals. That is self-evident enough that no one will
bother supply that answer unless pestered mercilessly on Usenet or a
mailing list.

Mike Yetto
--
"You look at science (or at least talk of it) as some sort of
demoralising invention of man, something apart from real life, and which