[Users] Understanding processing (and pre/post-)

Michael A. Yetto myetto1 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Mar 18 16:57:56 CET 2018

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 00:54:11 +0200
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> writes, and having writ moves on:

>I understand that pre-processing rules run before processing ones and
>post-processing ones after. However it is unclear to me what is the
>purpose of having pre and post at all. In other words: Why only
>processing itself may be insufficient and in what situations could one
>benefit by having the additional functionality of pre/post-processing?

Some users other than yourself process their mail in ways that having
some rules run on all folders first, some run only on specific folders,
and others run on all folders last is an efficient way to handle the
mail.

In other words, there are features that you don't need, but others find
very useful.

Mike Yetto
--
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.  Insensibly
one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit