[Users] I keep receiving my own posts for bug reports

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Sun Mar 11 12:17:09 CET 2018

Ahoj,

Dňa Sun, 11 Mar 2018 10:49:32 +0000 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
napísal:

> That's all very well but the reason we decided to have the bugzilla
> items sent to this list is to try to engage with users, (those who
> don't have a bugzilla account), who could verify patches attached to
> bug items, add further information, and other things that I can't
> think of right now.
>
> IMO, there would be little point in creating a mailing list just for
> bug reports. I would guess that it would get few subscribers and
> generally be a waste of time.

I consider as good to leave people to decide, if they are interested in
bugreports or not (by deleting them on client side) as i am.

But IMO, for new CM users (especially those not familiar with
customizing SW behavior) can be a bit tricky to set the right filtering
rule for bugreports from ML - i remember how i bother with this some
years ago. Then it will be great if this filtering rule can be
somewhere documented, that those can simple Copy&Paste it ;-)

Of course, i can share my filtering rule, but i am not sure if it is
universal, it simple works for me...

regards

--
Slavko