[Users] See the 'FILES' section of `man claws-mail` for brief descriptions of the files.

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Mar 8 13:22:42 CET 2018

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:49:41 +0200
Removed GDPR wrote:

> > Some like me may be tired of reading your questions. I learn by
> > experimentation.
>
> Can you please share how you find through experimentation the
> undocumented purpose of each file, how it is used by the program and
> whether it is necessary to include it in backup?

The simple answer is that the source code is there to be read but I
realise that it takes time to learn how to do that and how to find the
information you need.

When it comes to backup, just backup all of .claws-mail, you can't go
wrong that way. The extra space it takes is irrelevant in today's
computers and you won't be risking anything. Claws is a work in
progress, there are always bugs and things that aren't clear.

I've been using Claws and its antecedents for well over a decade and I
don't know it all, but I have stuck with Claws because there are no
better alternatives. Constructive criticism and questions are fine,
demanding answers is not.

--

Brian Morrison