[Users] How can I install alternate dictionaries?

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Sun Mar 4 11:12:35 CET 2018

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 10:11:16 +0200
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:

> > I would imagine that you need to look for appropriate packages in the
> > SuSE repos.
>
> In YaST I have language packages for aspell, ispell and myspell. I
> guess the question comes down to: which ones CM takes advantage of, so
> that I install them?

CM uses the Enchant library[1], which is sort of a front-end to
different dictionaries. Most common are aspell and hunspell, so in your
case, probably aspell language packages. You should be able to see the
new language as an option in CM spellchecking preferences after
installing the package(s) and restarting CM.

1. https://abiword.github.io/enchant/

Regards,
--
Andrej