[Users] How to save all attachments from all emails in a folder?

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 17:17:40 CET 2018

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 13:12:10 +0200
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:

> > But now i just found
> > http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Actions -> Examples -> Save
> > attachments and it seems to be what you are asking for.
>
> Thanks Michael. Unfortunately on openSUSE Leap 42.3 I can't find a
> package which provides munpack.

Interesting. When I search for 'opensuse munpack' without the quotes in
google, the first hit describes 'Mpack and munpack are utilities for
encoding and decoding (respectively) binary files in MIME (Multipurpose
Internet Mail Extensions) format mail messages'.

Clicking on the link shows that the mpack package now appears to be
something different 'Multiple precision linear algebra package' but the
google cache currently shows what was there. Unfortunately the actual
package links seem to go to the new meaning.

Reusing package names for something completely different seems like a
bad idea to me, but what do I know? :(

It seems that metamail is recommended as an alternative to munpack,
since the cache says 'For a more sophisticated MIME implementation,
MetaMail'. metamail is available from the standard repositories and
indeed is already installed on my system for some reason, although I've
never selected it specifically. It's man page looks like it might
conceivably do the job, but I haven't studied it closely or done any
experiments. That is left for the interested reader :)