[Users] Haven't seen list mail for too long

Michael A. Yetto myetto at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:50:16 CEST 2018

On Wed, 30 May 2018 11:44:47 -0400
"Michael A. Yetto" <myetto1 at nycap.rr.com> writes, and having writ moves
on:

>On Wed, 30 May 2018 13:08:14 +0200
>"H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand at xs4all.nl> writes, and having writ moves
>on:
>
>>On Wed, 30 May 2018 18:15:43 +0800, Chris Schrauben
>><chrisretusn at gmail.com> wrote:

>>problem is most likely that your provider uses cloudmark to set
>>spammer-lists. The IP the sends the user ML posts is on that list,
>>so the mails are blocked and moved to the spam folder or not
>>delivered at all :(
>>
>>cloudmark claims this is a spam-source:
>>   151.157.83.212.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer claws-mail.org

>>> I had problems with a provider at one point. To many bounces.
>>> Not sure what the level is on bounces before you get turned off. I
>>> noticed I wasn't getting any messages so I logged in, I believe it
>>> told me the reason after logging in, which was to many bounces.
>>>
>>> It didn't happen very often, but eventually I changed my email
>>> address to another.
>>>
>>> I would say at least log in to the list to see if there is a reason
>>> listed as to why you are not getting list messages.
>>>
>>> Chris.
>>

>My ISP (nycap.rr.com) will not pass any mail from lists.claws-mail.org,
>so I don't get the confirmation emails allowing me to unsubscribe from
>my nycap.rr.com address or subscribe to my gmail address.
>
>Since the webmail / archive workaround makes no more sense here than
>anywhere else I won't be participating in this forum very much.
>
>Hopefully, the maintainers will be able to rectify this without any
>undue effort. I will try to get the ISP to deal with any perceived spam
>problem in a more reasonable manner.
>
>Thank you all for your sugestions.

I managed to subscribe with a GMail account, but couldn't unsubscribe
or change the address for the account I created with my RoadRunner
address. If the block on the list server's IP address is ever lifted
I'll be able to cancel that one. Until that time, my apologies for any
excess traffic this may create, and for any confusion other than my own
that may ensue.

Of course if I don't see any new messages for a while, never mind.

Mike Yetto
--
"From the moment I picked your book up until I put it down I was
convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it."