[Users] Creating threads manually

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Thu Jul 19 00:11:28 CEST 2018

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 00:24:19 +0300 Removed GDPR wrote:

> The thing is - the headers which it is supposed to
> remove remain. Any idea why?

I think I found a pattern:

The messages which could not be (un)parented correctly
had Message-ID after the lengthy list of References
and In-Reply-To headers added by the script earlier
(before you modified it). There were also quite a few
colon.

Moving manually (in a text editor) the Message-ID
header of the *child* before all these made everything
work fine (regardless of the position of Message-ID in
the parent).

BTW these same messages I am juggling also have
X-In-Reply-To and X-References. No idea if that is
related in anyway but I thought it may be worth
mentioning. Those X-* headers were after the
Message-ID.

So before I moved it up the structure was:

[...]
[...]

After the manual move and unparenting the structure of
the message is:

[...]
[...]

And after running the parenting script the structure
is:

[...]

Another finding: Removing the empty (non-X) pairs
which appeared between those with values without moving
the Message-ID to the top also makes the two scripts
work as expected.

--
George