[Users] Compiling claws-mail on openSUSE Leap 42.3

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jul 14 13:03:56 CEST 2018

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 13:20:10 +0300, Shai Berger wrote:
>It's hard to tell, at a quick glance, if the errors in "make install"
>are real or caused by the fact that the dry run does not build
>intermediary targets.

Yes, I suspect that if no directory /path/claws-mail does exist, since
the dry run doesn't make such a directory, it can't simulate
installation of a file in /path/claws-mail.

Btw. I would expect the output "No such file or directory". If there
should be such an output, it requires to redirect stderr, but George
only redirected stdout.

Take a look at the difference between redirecting stout only and
redirecting stout and sterr:

[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ touch TEST_TEST/TEST > /tmp/log
touch: cannot touch 'TEST_TEST/TEST': No such file or directory
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ cat /tmp/log
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ ls -hl /tmp/log
-rw-r--r-- 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 0 Jul 14 12:59 /tmp/log
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ touch TEST_TEST/TEST > /tmp/log 2>&1
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ cat /tmp/log
touch: cannot touch 'TEST_TEST/TEST': No such file or directory
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ ls -hl /tmp/log
-rw-r--r-- 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 64 Jul 14 12:59 /tmp/log
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$