[Users] Testing Windows version with newer Webkit

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Tue Jan 30 19:28:18 CET 2018

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:22:28 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 11:25:52 +0100
> Andrej Kacian wrote:
>
> > The installer packages are available at
> > http://claws-mail.org/win32/test/newwebkit/
>
> Have installed this, will report on any problems if they seem serious.
>
> Looking at the About tabs there is nothing to show the updated
> webkitgtk version, so I hope it is the updated version :)

It is an external DLL file, and Webkit's API does not seem to provide a
way to query its version, so you'll just have to trust me here. Or
build it yourself, of course - there's always that. :)

It would probably be enough to just take the webkit DLL from these
packages and replace it in any previous Claws Mail installation.

Regards,
--
Andrej