[Users] Can't decrypt my PGP-mail

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at mailbox.org
Tue Jan 30 16:11:22 CET 2018

Hello!

Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> schrieb am 30.01.18 um 12:49:41 Uhr:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:50:01 +0100
> Andreas Meyer wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > Andrej Kacian <ticho at claws-mail.org> schrieb am 30.01.18 um 04:44:22
> > Uhr:

> > > Do you have "Encrypt sent messages with your own key in
> > > addition to recipient's" checkbox enabled on Privacy page in account
> > > preferences?
> >
> > No, this is not enabled. I remembeer the email I got from the partner
> > was encrypted with another key than the emailaddress it was sent to
> > finally. Maybe this has something to do with it?
>
> You will only be able to decrypt messages where the relevant private
> key is in your key ring, so I doubt it would affect things.
>
> It's perfectly fine to encrypt to yourself provided that you can accept
> the additional security effects of doing so. It's not a good idea if
> you *really* only want the addressee (or more accurately the key owner)
> to be able to decrypt it.

I don't understand, what's going on. I answer to an email with an encrypted
email. This encrypted email I sent is stored in the Sent-folder.

Now I want to review this encrypted email I sent and can't decrypt, open
and view it.

I understand is encrypted with the public key. Do you say if i had encrypted
it with my own key additionally, I would be able to open and review it?

Kind regards

  Andreas

--
PGP-Fingerprint: F004 8EEE 5E54 F2EA 566E B939 22E5 85DD AA14 AC0A