[Users] Shortcut key to fancy render view for HTML messages

flyingrhino flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz
Tue Jan 30 09:24:41 CET 2018

On 2018-01-30 20:29, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:48:49 +1300, flyingrhino wrote:
>> sometimes the sender sends important stuff hidden within html so
>> displaying html is unfortunately sometimes required
>
> Let alone that they often send HTML mails with remote content, while
> the multipart plain text might contain a link, the plain text part
> might
> be not the same as the HTML part and sometimes represent outdated
> information that is diffeerent from the HTML part's information of the
> mail. This could happen, even if this conflicting information is not
> part of the remote content. IOW your business partner might provide
> contrary information by the plain text and HTML source of a
> multipart mail, while most of us tend to rely on this informaton,
> instead of trying to understand the long attached PDFs with general
> business terms and simlar content.

Don't get me started about remote content!
Hotels, car rental agencies, even travel agents are notorious for
sending evil remote content.
It's not prevalent in the business circle I work in, but definitely
travel services are some of the worst offenders.

I get the almost empty text message (in claws main mail frame), and only
when I switch to fancy, I see all the information they sent.
And you have no trace of it because if the HTML source goes down, the
content is lost.
And over time some of the links and images change/disappear and the mail
starts to dilute.

Really sucks.