[Users] Two IMAP accounts - received mail goes to just one - updated - no filtering

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Jan 20 16:07:12 CET 2018

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 09:41:02 -0500, Reid Vail wrote:

> Hello Claws team -
>
> Thanks for the feedback. There are no filters in place.
> Filter log file is disabled, probably because there are no filters.
>
> suggestions welcome.

My suggestion is to be more verbose with your description of what you see
on the screen and how you use Claws Mail. Do you see two separate folder
trees for your separate IMAP accounts? When you say "received mail", do
you refer to accessing those remote folders via IMAP, or do you transfer
messages to your local computer somehow? Your usage scenario is not clear
to me yet.

Multiple IMAP accounts work fine here, but I access the remote accounts
via IMAP, which means the messages remain on the remote IMAP server
(except for locally cached copies). When I browse "INBOX" for one IMAP
account, obviously I don't see the messages from the second account's
separate INBOX.

And when I poll the servers to download messages, I do that with an
external tools (fetchmail/procmail), which move and filter the messages
appropriately, but that has nothing to do with Claws Mail.