[Users] Tooltip - background colours

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 6 07:42:25 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm just needing to look at this one again, as I never did get it
solved. The original post is at:

http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2017-May/019219.html

where I can't see what the tooltip is, because the background and
foreground are the same colour (or almost the same).

From Paul's reply below, it is a GTK+ 2 theme problem.

On Fri, 5 May 2017 07:06:34 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 May 2017 13:18:25 +1000
> Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to run Claws in debug mode, to try and see what is
> > causing this ?
>
> That won't help. Those colours are controlled by your GTK+ 2 theme.

The same problem is happening in other GTK+ 2 apps, like GIMP.

I have looked at the colours in system settings, and the tooltip is set
to white foreground and black background.

I'm just not sure where to start looking to fix this. If there are any
other Kubuntu 16.04.3 users on this list, possibly they have been able
to enable some sort of workaround ??

Regards,

Peter