[Users] Building claws-mail 3.16.0 with GTK3/GTK3 port status

Rob Hoelz rob at hoelz.ro
Fri Jan 5 20:13:12 CET 2018

Hi claws-mail devs and users,

Like many of you, I have been looking for ways of viewing HTML e-mails since the deprecation of the webkitgtk2-based fancy plugin.  I saw someone took a stab
at porting the fancy plugin to webkit2gtk-4.0 [1], which relies on GTK3.  Last week I tried to compile claws-mail 3.16.0 against GTK3 (using --enable-gtk3), but
encountered a bunch of errors - is work to port claws-mail to GTK3 still ongoing, or is it stalled?  I'm happy to share my (admittedly crappy) patch that I wrote
to get things to compile and help to get claws-mail working with GTK3 so we users could have a secure HTML viewer once again, but I thought I would check in first
and see where things stand with GTK3.

Thanks,
Rob

[1] http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2017-November/020295.html