[Users] Viewing threads

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Wed Feb 28 23:15:10 CET 2018

Hi,

I am facing the following problem (gmail account accessed via IMAP):

Typical scenario:

I receive an email in Inbox and I reply to it. The incoming messages
stays in Inbox, the outgoing one ends up in Sent Mail but I don't see
the messages threaded due to this separation. Workarounds I have
found so far:

- Move both messages to the same folder (e.g. Inbox or some other).
But that is illogical because it makes sense sent messages to still be
viewable in Sent Mail. Moving them to another folder removes them from
Sent Mail.

- Look at the "All Mail" folder. But this is an overkill because it
contains a huge number of messages.

When using Gmail's web interface this problem does not exist. Threads
are always visible properly regardless of labels/folders.

My questions are:

1. How can I get this properly organized when using
Claws and IMAP so that I don't have to make any illogical moves (as in
1) or to browse thousands of emails? The purpose is to always be able
to view the whole thread, not to seek for it's individual messages
across folders.

2. How can I see in the message list which IMAP folders (labels) the
current message belongs to? Gmail's web interface displays them very
nicely, one can assign colors etc and it would be great if I could do
something similar in Claws Mail.

3. Is there a way to display a whole thread like a linear sequence in
Claws similar to the "Expand all" function in Gmail's web interface?