[Users] See the 'FILES' section of `man claws-mail` for brief descriptions of the files.

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Wed Feb 21 19:39:21 CET 2018

Ok, I have read the whole man page.

However it doesn't describe the sub-folders of ~/.claws-mail but just
the files in the root directory. Perhaps my question should have been
more explicit as I am looking to correctly backup the whole tree
without including things which are temporary/cache.

I assume that all *.bak files are not really necessary too as most of
them seem to be identical copies of their non-*.bak version so it
hardly makes sense to backup the backup.

In tagsdb directory I see tree structures even for accounts which I
have already deleted (is that a bug?) Do I need to backup that
directory?

What about files named:

.claws_cache
.claws_mark
.mh_sequences

Can I safely ignore directories:

imapcache (I don't use "ignore thread" or "mark thread" flags)
mimetmp
newscache
tempfolder

Anything else which can (or must not) be ignored?

--
George