[Users] How to insert signature above the original (quoted) message when replying?

Ralf Hutter rhutter at posteo.de
Fri Feb 16 13:49:21 CET 2018

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:48:16 +0000 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:36:52 +0200
> Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't find a way to do this.
> > Is it possible in claws-mail?
>
> Yes. Modify your Templates.
>
> Top-posting is bad, but if you want to do that you can.
>
> Disable 'Automatically insert signature' in the Compose page of
> the Account prefs and instead use something like the following
> somewhere in your Templates:
>
> |file{/full/path/to/signature/file}
>
> Templates can be configured on the Templates page of the
> Account preferences.
>
> These can be overridden by the Templates in the folder Properties.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

But now you get to a problem: I find it practical that i can switch
between different accounts in the Compose window and Claws inserts the
corresponding signature. If i disable that, i can, via templates,
program the signature to be anywhere i like in responses, but lack the
other feature in any mails i compose directly. If i don't disable it,
there would be two signatures in every response.
Isn't is possible to distinguish between: Automatically insert
signature in Compose Mail / Responses / Forwarded Mail?

Ralf