[Users] How to hide sender IP address and host name?

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Fri Feb 16 12:45:08 CET 2018

Hi,

I notice that when sending emails through an email client like
claws-mail the email headers contain the sender IP address and the host
name (which is in /etc/hosts). I don't want to send that info to the
receiver because I don't think it is their business to know that and
it is not related to the essence of the email communication.

I have read people saying that it is possible to use Tor network for
sending emails but it is not recommended because the delivery becomes
unreliable (Tor hosts may be blacklisted for spam etc). So that is not
an option obviously.

When sending through mail provider's web interface there is no issue
(this info is not sent) but I am looking for a way to do it without
having to use web interfaces, i.e. through an email client.

Is that possible?

--
George