[Users] No spell checker anymore

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Feb 3 05:22:46 CET 2018

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:07:02 +0100, Rene Maurer wrote:
>I am using claws-mail 3.16.0 on ARCH Linux and I have just detected

The mail of your header claims Claws Mail 3.16.0git25.

>that spell ckeck is gone away (I have done a system update some days
>ago, but I am not sure that this is the cause of the problem).
>
>There is no more Spell Cheching entry in Preferences|Compose and also
>during message compose spell check isn't available anymore.
>
>Can anybody point me to the right direction for locating the error,
>please.

1. see my mail to this list
http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2018-January/020780.html
A workaround might be to provide an older release of enchant, too or
just test to link from the old path to the new path.

2. take a look at the bottom of
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/claws-mail&id=08c232c39c98f5652a8b74db212b2138b053973a

As you can see the offical repository patched against the new version
of enchant, maybe this does fix the issue.

3. if you are intreasted that this should get fixed by upstream, you
need to report it to http://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/