[Users] Quoted printable broken.

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Sun Dec 23 11:18:57 CET 2018

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 08:54:33 +0100
Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> Unable to decode Danish special letters which have been encoded using quoted printable.
> They are all substituted with _ (underscore).
>
> Using claws-mail 3.17.1 and Fedora 29.

Can you forward (as attachment) an e-mail where this can be seen?

Quoted-printable is basically just transfer encoding to sneak non-ASCII
bytes through the text-based SMTP protocol. The actual meaning of those
bytes (the character set) is dictated by other means, e.g. e-mail
headers. I'm guessing that you have some e-mails where this is set
incorrectly, leading to incorrect display of these e-mails.

Regards,
--
Andrej