[Users] Couple of small patches

Olivier Brunel jjk at jjacky.com
Thu Dec 20 16:33:21 CET 2018

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 09:00:04 +0100
Colin Leroy-Mira <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 17:12:18 +0100, Olivier Brunel <jjk at jjacky.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  		procmsg_msginfo_free(&msg);
> >
> > +		gtk_main_iteration_do (FALSE);
> >  		if (progress_cb != NULL
>
> Doesn't performing a gtk iteration each message drop search
> performance badly ?

Well, I didn't do extensive testing, but I couldn't really notice any
diferences when I tried things. Also, I (obviously) have this applied
here, and - though I'm not doing comparison - my searches don't seem
slow(er) to me. Of course, it might also depends on other factors,
one's setup, etc. YMMV.

(I'd say most of the times GTK should just check that there are no
pending events and return immediately anyways.)

So I would say 'no' to the "hurt badly" idea; And though I'm sure it
does affect it somewhat, for me it doesn't seem noticeable.