[Users] Reply to List

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Wed Aug 29 16:55:40 CEST 2018

Hi,

I notice that on other mailing lists there seems to be
this common habit of people replying in a way which
not only sends to the address of the mailing list but
also CC's the email address of the previous sender
(sometimes more than one). Or vice versa. Or the in
the "To:" header there are both the mailing list
address and the personal addresses of others.

Due to that there were a few cases in which I
mistakenly sent a personal reply to someone instead to
the mailing list. This was the result of clicking
"Reply to List" in Claws Mail seems to have filled in
the personal address of the previous sender rather
than that of the list (which was either second in
"To:" or was in "Cc:")

I have found that "Reply to All" and deleting
everything but the mailing list address helps to
resolve this mess, however using this workaround I
have to:

1. Correct "Cc:" to "To:" for the address of the
mailing list because it usually is a second or third
"Cc:"

2. Delete all other recipients

I feel it as a bit of a hurdle.

I wonder: Is there a problem with "Reply to List" and
what was it supposed to do actually? Is it supposed to
resolve situations like the one I described? Also: How
do you guys handle these cases?

--
George