[Users] Action which changes font preferences?

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Wed Aug 29 00:58:54 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 00:35:16 +0200
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 01:18:49 +0300 Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com>
> wrote:
>
> > How can I create an action which changes a particular
> > preference value (message view font)?
> >
> > I am looking for a way to be able to toggle between
> > fixed width and another font for message viewing as
> > some messages are easier for the eye with one or
> > another.
>
> It is not possible, sorry. Actions cannot change preferences.
>
> I've heard of an non-official (and unsupported) patch to allow zooming
> the message text in and out using thee mouse wheel, would that fit
> your need instead?

If I understand correctly, George wants to be able, by some trivial UI
operation, to make the message view use a fixed-size font. I have seen
this feature in other mail clients -- it is helpful, and zooming is
usually not a good replacement. But this requires having a fixed-size
font picked somewhere. If it could be done by an action, that font
could be encoded into the action definition, but it's not a very good
place -- the obvious place woud be the Display/Fonts preferences pane.

An additional feature that comes to mind is, to make the choice of
fixed-size font "stick" to a given message, so that if I chose
fixed-size for it, go to another message, and then return, I still get
the message in fixed-size font.

Both of these, alas, require coding.