[Users] Search for messages between timestamps

Derek B. Noonburg derekn at foolabs.com
Wed Aug 22 02:02:54 CEST 2018

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:20:27 +0100, Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk>
wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 11:50:48 -0700
> "Derek B. Noonburg" <derekn at foolabs.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Derek,
>
> >On a semi-related note, is there any way to find messages that have
> >been recently moved into the trash folder?  I have the unfortunate
> >habit
>
> What I do is label all messages in Trash with a colour, after a few
> days.  Then you can spot recent additions by the fact that they're NOT
> coloured.

Ah, that's a good idea.

My IMAP server automatically removes messages older than 30 days from
the Trash folder.  I was thinking about writing some code to move
messages from Trash to OldTrash every day, and then have the IMAP
server clean out OldTrash after 30 days.  If I only have to search
through one day's worth of deleted messages, that's not so bad.  (I
already have some custom stuff like this to keep seven days worth of
spam, so it wouldn't be too much work to add an OldTrash folder.)

- Derek