[Users] Search for messages between timestamps

Derek B. Noonburg derekn at foolabs.com
Tue Aug 21 20:50:48 CEST 2018

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 18:28:27 -0000, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 19:47:48 +0300
> Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I search for messages before/after/between
> > particular date/time(s) without having to calculate
> > the message age?
>
> For example, an 'extended' type of QuickSearch using:
> age_greater 5 & age_lower 25

Thanks for posting that... I had never looked at the "extended"
searches before, but that will come in handy.

On a semi-related note, is there any way to find messages that have
been recently moved into the trash folder?  I have the unfortunate habit
of occasionally deleting the wrong message, and then I have to go
fishing through the trash folder looking for it.

I'm not even sure if that information is available -- does an IMAP
server track when a message was moved to a folder?

(I know I can switch to mark-and-delete, or whatever it's called, but I
really prefer the instant delete.)

- Derek